International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) would like to invite qualified and competent applicants to apply for the following vacant post.
1.Information Communication And Technology Unit
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit an intern in the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Unit in Addis Ababa – Ethiopia.
ILRI is one of the CGIAR research centers and is the only center dedicated entirely to livestock agriculture research for the developing world. ILRI is co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia and has regional or country offices in 14 other locations in Africa, South and South-East Asia. ILRI has a work force of about 700 staff globally and operates on an annual budget of about US$100M.
ILRI’s mission is to improve food and nutritional security and to reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe, and sustainable use of livestock — ensuring better lives through livestock. www.ilri.org
The intern will work closely with the staff in the department while being exposed to the following areas: –
- Manning the ICT service desk and assignment of tickets.
- Provision of basic support to users of ICT Services.
- Performing basic diagnostic routines.
- Assist with setting up of physical & virtual meetings.
- Cleanup of records in various ICT systems.
- Testing of new software and technical tools.
- Installing new software and hardware on endpoints.
- Delivering hardware and resources to staff as required.
- Any other duties that may be allocated by the supervisor.
The ideal candidate should be: –
- Enrolled for an undergraduate university degree program and is pursuing a bachelor’s in either computer science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a related field.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Possess good command of written and spoken English language.
Location: ILRI Addis Ababa – Ethiopia.
Duration: 3 months
Terms of appointment:
The internship at ILRI will offer:
- A monthly stipend to meet accommodation, transport and day-to-day living expenses.
- Medical insurance for the internship duration
All applications MUST include the following (applications not containing these documents will not be considered):
- A cover letter addressed to the Capacity Development Manager, expressing interest in the internship position and the motivation. The position title and reference number (REF: INT/ILRI/ICT_ADD/01/2024) should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
- Academic qualification transcripts/ certificates
- Letter from the admitting university confirming internship period and requirement as part of the study program
Applications must be submitted by clicking on the tab “APPLY” on or before 19th January 2024.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.