CARE Ethiopia would like to invite qualified and competent applicants to apply for the following vacant Post.
1: Financial Service Advisor
Location: Addis Ababa
The Purpose of Financial Service Advisor is to lead all RFSA/ SPIR II consortium efforts on Financial Services. Based at Consortium level, s/he supports all implementing partners (IPs): WV, CARE, and ORDA Ethiopia on design, implementation, and management of financial service-related interventions. S/he ensures that project staff and partners have clear understanding on financial service-related strategies, approaches, and modalities. S/he leads establishment of village economic and social associations (VESAs) and implementation of related activities including training on group governance and management, saving and lending methodologies, financial literacy, and income generating activity (IGA) Selection Planning and Management (SPM). S/he ensures that regular VESA discussions are conducted as planned, and supports compilation of qualitative monitoring across all IPs. S/he will also make sure that savings and loan performance data are properly tracked, compiled, and documented for performance management and learning. S/he is also expected to advise IPs on strategies to maximize VESA sustainability.
Skill and educational background
- Master’s Degree in relevant field: Finance, Business, Economics/Agricultural Economics, Development Studies, or other relevant fields.
- Experience: 5 years of relevant experience with the first degree or 4 years of relevant experience plus post graduate degree in direct experience in the financial services programs.
- At least 1 year of management experience.
Experience in informal and formal saving and lending methodologies, mainly establishment and support of VESAs
- Experience in financial inclusion of women, men, youth, and other marginalized groups.
- Demonstrated experience in working with PSNP households and resilience building interventions.
- Deep understanding of Ethiopia financial sector landscape and strong network among stakeholder in the finance sector.
- Experience in gender mainstreaming.
Experience and knowledge in digital technologies.
Strong analytical and operational knowledge of financial services.
Strong networking, partnership, and interpersonal skills
Ability to communicate effectively in oral and in writing, work independently and as part of the team, and work effectively with co-workers, partner agencies and the private sector.
Computer proficiency is required.
Ability to travel frequently to the project operational areas.
If you are interested to be part of our dynamic team, exciting work environment and contribute to CARE Ethiopia’s mission and vision, please send your CV (not more than 3 pages) and cover letter (not more than one page) through https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CAREUSA&cws=52&rid=6887
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Dec 25, 2023