Dan Church Aid (DCA) is a Denmark-based international NGO registered under certificate # 1083 by the Authority for Civil Society Organizations and working to improve the wellbeing of particularly the rural and pre-urban people in Ethiopia. DCA’s Programme mainly focus on save live, building resilience and fighting inequality targeting highly disaster-prone areas in Oromia, Amhara, Afar, and Gambella regions.
DCA Ethiopia Office is looking for a competent Program Intern.
Vacancy Number: DCA-Eth/VA-045/2023
Over all responsibilities of the Job
The Program Intern will support various project activities and gain valuable experience in humanitarian and development work. The position holder will contribute to capacity building and knowledge transfer within the team.
- The program intern will support implementation and documentation of DCA’s projects.
- Responsible for facilitating synergy and timely information sharing across the program team at country office and field offices.
- Develop and Lead team schedules and tasks.
- Support field activities as well as develop preliminary reports in collaboration with project staff.
- Provide support to the implementation of programme and project activities including representation at events, exhibitions, and meeting.
- Assist in preparing for the program and stakeholders meetings including summarizing reports on the implementation of the project.
- Deliver project-related communications and status updates.
- Participate in joint field monitoring with the program team and stakeholders.
- Identify and handle risks, assumptions, dependencies, and issues.
- Drive and communicate process improvements and process changes.
- Keeping information about the team’s progress up-to-date, accurate, appropriately detailed, and visible to all parties
- Regularly support the humanitarian and development program implementation
- Engage in project design, planning, monitoring, and evaluation process.
- Participate in knowledge management and cross learning activities.
- Participant in the project visibility activities
- Assist head of program in the day-to-day activities
- Support timely implementation of the programs with the required quality.
- Ensure timely sharing of information across the programs.
- Ensure proper documentation of program learning material and case stories.
Vacancy Date: November 22,2023
Required number: One
Type of Contract: For maximum of one year with possibility of extension
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Reporting to: Head of Programme
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: December 01,2023
Salary Range: According to DCA national staff salary scale
Skill and educational background
- Minimum of first degree in Agriculture, food security, development studies, livelihood, project management or other related field.
- Fresh graduate from recognized universities
- Good Communication and facilitation skill
- Open-minded and keen to learn new skills.
- Ready for working in a team.
- Good report writing skills and computer skills in MS outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluent in spoken and written English, proficient writing skills
Interested and qualified applicants should apply for the post via the below link
DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation. Please do not mention your religious or ethnic affiliation in your application.
Female candidates with required educational background and experience are highly encouraged to apply.
Please Submit only an application letter and CV.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.