Logistic/Admin and Finance (LAF) Officer
The purpose of the position is to manage ASDEPO’s Emergency Response Project in HR/Admin and Finance activities in line with professional principles and ASDEPO’s rules and regulation. & co-ordinate and manage ASDEPO’s fleet to ensure efficient and effective operation in the field Office. Provide effective and efficient HR and Admin related services to staff working for the Office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with other team members to complete financial requirements for Action plans and prepare reports for relevant parties such as Government, ASDEPO, and Donors as necessary.
- Undertaking other standard financial requirements such as weekly cash count, surprise cash count, checking payroll, undertaking random checks on purchase prices, and preparing cash flow requests.
- Prepare and Check monthly financial report
- Ensure adequate fund/cash held in programme for planned activities
- Ensure the following deadlines are adhered
- Monthly cash books and bank books
- Cash requests from the fields
- Adhere to the necessary accounting, documentation and reporting procedures required for the purchase of items based on purchases/procurement procedure, if any.
- Responsible to check daily financial payments in line with organizational policies and procedures by giving due attention to authorization level and budget codes.
- Ensuring close collaboration and communication with Finance and HR departments at HO to facilitate and smoothen consistent running of the programme
- Check and review the external work
Transport & Logistics:
Collect monthly log sheet for office and rented vehicles and evaluate each vehicle’s
Understand and adhere to the rules and regulations of (Transport, Procurement and warehouse policy) laid down by ASDEPO. If these regulations are not clear bring it to the attention of your line manager.
- Check and review office` vehicles repair and spare part bills and make sure the invoices are in accordance with the agreement before payment is effect.
- Collect daily and weekly transport plan from the users and organize the transport in cost effective way.
- Monitor office and rented vehicles daily movement and ensure that resources are effectively used for ASDEPO interest only.
- Produce monthly transport report with all formations like: Maintenance cost, fuel consumption, availability, utilization, accident/incident and need satisfaction.
- In case of accidents follow up necessary procedures (insurance company, traffic police, lawyer, reporting, visiting scene, etc)
- Make sure all the procurement processes are as per ASDEPO and Donors procurement guideline.
- Make sure all purchase` files are maintained as per ASDEPO Finance, Procurement, and Store guideline.
- Update regularly SRTS (Supplies request tracking sheet) and liaised with HO Logistics unit for program’s SR progress.
- Produce monthly consolidate stock report and check/inventory process is undertaken at all-time in accordance with ASDEPO inventory guidelines.
- Make sure fixed assets in all office are updated and tagged as per ASDEPO and Donors asset management guideline.
- Make sure all agreements like; vehicles maintenance, spare part and office rent are timely renewed.
- Monitor logbooks and vehicles charge out sheet of Drivers on a weekly basis ensuring that they are filled in properly fuel usage, KM analysis
HR & Admin:
Maintain and update personnel files of all staff at the project, including all documentation as required in line with ASDEPO HR Manual guidelines. Manage and record staffs’ annual leave roster and ensure all annual leave is used within the current year. Record and manage all staff related leaves such as Compensatory Time Offs, sick leaves as per ASDEPO’s HR Manual.
- Manage and address all staff personal issues following the ASDEPO HR Manual guidelines
- Prepare HR report/ active list on a monthly basis.
- Provide the necessary materials and equipment to project staff for their day to day activities
- Receive, screen, log and route programme-related correspondences and maintain an effective follow-up system.
- Monitor and follow-up on the performance (PDR) of all staff working in the Sub-office.
- Maintain high standard of Health and Safety within the working environment.
- Maintain good working relationships in the workplace.
- Perform other duties assigned by line manager
Skill and educational background
- BA Degree in Accounting & Finance, Management, Logistics and related field of studies with a minimum of three years relevant work experience.
- Profound experience in finance, administration, logistics and HR Management
- Computer literate
- NGO experience in emergency projects is an advantage
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Interest in and ability to work in team.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Extremely flexible, able to work independently, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
Job location: Oromiya Region, Nekemte
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit only once their non – returnable application with CV for one vacancy.
Applicants can apply directly via [email protected]
CV’s of no more than 3 pages in length are appreciated.